Job Title: Health and Safety Advisor
To be based Mansfield Operations
Salary: Up to £34,000 d.o.e.
Closing date: 03 Apr 2020
HC-One has a clear vision; to provide the kindest care in the UK. To achieve this, we focus on individual residents, working in partnership with their families and our colleagues, to provide one to one care of the highest quality. We have ambitious plans for the future and we would like to involve you in playing a crucial part in making them a reality.
Reporting to the Senior Health and Safety Advisor, you shall support the development and implementation of Health and Safety best practice, ensuring the company complies with current health and safety legislation, approved codes of practice and guidance in relation to employment and service provision.
Purpose of Role:
To provide specialist advice, guidance and support to Home Managers and Operations Teams on all Health and Safety issues and accident and incident investigations.
- To support the review, co-ordination and implementation of appropriate Health and Safety policies.
- To work proactively with the Home Managers and other Operational colleagues to establish, audit and monitor compliance with Health and Safety policies, risk assessments, safe systems of work and audits.
- To respond and intervene whenever conditions exist which pose an immediate or potential risk to life, health, or damage to equipment or buildings and to take corrective action as necessary.
- To promote a positive Health and Safety culture throughout the company.
About You The Candidate:
- Will hold NEBOSH National General Certificate, NVQ Level 4 or equivalent in Occupational Safety.
- Will have experience of working in a similar role in a busy people-focused environment with accountability for Health & Safety in a multi-site environment.
- Will have experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a highly regulated sector.
- Will have good verbal and written communication skills applied across all levels, the ability to influence and coach others and build credibility and the ability to effectively work under pressure and deal with challenging situations.
- Will preferably have previous knowledge & experience of working within the social care sector.
- Will preferably have experience of Investigating accidents/incidents, dangerous occurrence.
- Have a valid driving licence.
Contact/application is via this link https://apply.hc-one.co.uk/registration.aspx
The Abbeyfield Society
Job title: Safety Adviser – Full time 37hrs.
Competitive Salary plus expenses.
To be based at St Albans or Wellington (Somerset) or Garforth (Leeds)
This post holder will work as the Fire Safety Adviser for the Society & would be part of the central Health & Safety Team.
We are looking for a confident, motivated and enthusiastic individual with significant experience of all areas of Fire Safety, ideally in a Care Environment (or similar), to join us and make an immediate impact on maintaining our high standards.
This post holder can be based at any of the locations above but will be required to work nationally across all our sites to support the Society in meeting their statutory responsibilities and fire safety obligations.
Please send your by no later than 10.00am on the 9th March 2020.
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
Health and Safety Manager.
We are looking for the following skills/experience.Minimum of 5 years Health and safety management experience ideally in a care setting
ABOUT THE ROLE
Barchester Healthcare are one of the biggest care home providers in the UK. With over 200 homes and hospitals, 11,000 residents, and 17,000 members of staff, we are committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of everyone in our homes. As the Health and Safety Manager for our south division, you will be instrumental in allowing the teams for 63 homes to deliver an exceptional experience to residents, and celebrate the time that they spend with us. The role is a key support function, and will involve: